Wednesday, January 21

The LONG road....

Getting my bachelors degree has been a much longer road then I expected. Sometimes feels long and somewhat painful esp. getting through the statistics class I am in right now. In the time I have started college I have lived in 10 apartments, changed my major, had a baby, went on a mission, got married, had 5 jobs, and finally 8 years later I will graduate. I often ask myself has this been worth all the time, effort and money. Now I know why I need to wait til 2009 and graduate after all these years.......because the the commencement speaker was announced last week....The one and only...
President Thomas Monson
!!!

I am so excited!!! It makes every penny, hour, stress, it makes it all worth it! May 2nd here I come!

6 comments:

Julie Barb said...

Congratulations on graduating Kathy! I am very proud of you for sticking it out. I'm sure it was especially hard having a child and going to school, but you did it!! That is so cool that President Monson will be speaking!!!

What a life!! said...

Kathy thank you so much for posting that! Rustin was done with school in Dec but they only do one graduation in may and he was planning on skipping it, but NOT ANYMORE!!! Are you still going to the gym??? I haven't been for a long while just wondering when you went. Thanks again for the post we are so so so excited to go now!!

Staci said...

thats so awesome! it was good to see ya yesterday

Nathan and Esther said...

WHAT???!!!! I'm soooooooooo jealous! But I'm so happy for you! That is so incredibly awesome! Way to stick with school, though. You are one amazing Diva!

p.s. good luck on stats!

Mandy said...

That is so awesome. I don't even remember who mine was.

Whitney said...

FREAKIN FAB!!! Lucky you!! it makes it all soooo worth it!! Congrats hun! Take lots of pics. ;-)